Tuesday, December 7, 2010

The Inaugural Post

Well, I'm doing the thing I said I would never do. Blog. But, let me defend my decision to do this. First of all, I have a love/hate relationship with the social media of Facebook. One the plus side, I enjoy keeping up with friends and family. On the down side, it takes up way too much of my time. It can be like a rabbit hole, you hop on to check one thing and an hour later you are still perusing through other peoples lives. Also, it is impossible to convey tone, thereby making it impossible to jibe with a majority of ones "friends". Friends is a funny word, because 90% of my Facebook friends are people whom I never bother to talk to or keep in touch with in the real world. Lastly, there are times I would like a place to ramble a little more about life, food, working out, mom stuff, religion, etc without inundating those on Facebook, because Lord knows I don't like to read someone else's overpostings.

Another reason I chose to put myself out there in blog format is to give myself an additional level of accountability. My best friend Ellie and I have decided to run our first marathon together in April of 2011. The Music City Marathon in Nashville. YIKES. So, for those of you who don't know, Ellie and I have many states between the two of us, thereby making it difficult to actually train together. This little blog can be a great way for us to keep tabs on our progress. This is something I would like to do on an ongoing basis, not just for the marathon. Finding the time, energy and motivation to stay fit after having a baby can be difficult some days. But, it is something that is really important to me. To be healthy, active and happy about it. I want my son to grow up in a family that values that. I think it is our duty to take good care of these bodies we've been given. But it can be hard with all the junk food and distractions that sidetrack us from our goals.

Of course the blog is also a great way to keep family and friends who want to know what's going on with our little family up to speed with pictures and all. So not to worry, I'm sure there will be plenty of pictures of Eli on here in addition to workout stuff (and whatever else I feel the need to ramble about)!

3 comments:

  1. First comment! Maybe following you will keep me accountable too :)
    Can't wait for April!
    You IRL (in real life) buddy,
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  2. great first post! blog looks good. now get some pictures up here!! :) looking forward to reading your thoughts. i'm sure other women/moms will appreciate them too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok I should have read this first! Haha now I know it's in Nashville! Dang!!! Well I'll be cheering you on from here then. I'm so glad you're blogging though! You always have such funny things to say and are a great story teller! look forward to many more posts! And I know it will be fun for you to get your thoughts out there after a day full of baby time ;)

    ReplyDelete