Friday, December 24, 2010

This darn running thing...

So, I haven't actually been to the doctor to confirm this, but pretty sure I have a stress fracture or something going on with my foot, which really hampers my marathon training. So, instead I will be laying off the running for several weeks, and opting for getting my cardio via C2 or biking. Of course, I will still be CrossFitting. Speaking of which, Rusty and I did a drop-in workout at CrossFit MiddleTennessee yesterday. Awesome space, super cool dudes running the place, got a great workout in. Rusty did Fran, and I did a WOD from CFE a few days ago: 21-15-9 of pullups, handstand pushups, and front squats (85#). Makes me wish we could join our local affiliate. I really enjoyed the constructive feedback on my form and just generally having several other people there to motivate me along. It really helped amp me up and made me work harder. But, alas, as a stay-at-home mom there are certain expenses I have to forgo (gym membership). Rusty and I have a lot of great CF equipment in our garage, but obviously not anywhere close to what a CF gym would have. Plus, like I said, its a community. I like it. Better than scrapbooking or a mommy group. But, that's just me. Then again, since Eli was born, Rusty has asked me if something ever happens to him, to please make sure I do the following: teach our son how to squat. So, maybe that's just us.

1 comment:

  1. Love that Rusty wants you to teach Eli to squat! I love it. :) And I love you!

    ReplyDelete