Friday, December 17, 2010

Strong Enough

"I'm not strong enough. What do you do when you're not strong enough?"
"You act like you are."
-The Unit, Season 4, episode 2

Woah...these words hit home today. Funny thing is, I've learned if you act like you are, then you become the way in which you are acting. I've learned this by dealing with losing my dad unexpectedly when I was 20 and my dad was only 47. I always thought I couldn't go on if something happened to my dad. But I did...quite the opposite, I kind of carried my family for a while I think. I've also learned this by being married to a man who serves our country while I stay home with our son. People often say to me "I don't know how you do it", in regards to being married to a soldier. Well, my answer is "What is the alternative?" I am married to one of the best men I've ever known. I knew when I married  him that his job would take him away from me at times. I feel lucky to be married to a good man, and his being gone only makes me appreciate him more. I long for the days (albeit they are years from now) when he can be home indefinitely, but until then I will just keep acting like I am strong...and I will be.

2 comments:

  1. You know what?? That line even helps out your Mom about acting like you are strong when you are not. I'm So very proud to have you for a daughter and the awesome job of being a soldier's wife. I for one have made that statement to you times before..about how you do it. I'm so thankful that you do!! You don't realize how much of an inspiration you are to others espeically army wives and just anyone in a marriage! I'm thankful your Dad and I were a part of instilling in you this trait!! I know it's not easy many days but you exemplify this trait on those tough days. I'm reminded of the verse: 2 Cor. 12:10. concerning weakness v. being strong. Thanks for sharing and I love you very much!!! MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad I found you on the blogging universe! Why no facebook? I love this post too. Reminds me of another blog I keep up with - the happiness project. "Act the way you want to feel" is one of her personal happiness commandments.

    ReplyDelete