Friday, December 10, 2010

My Workout Plan

So, here goes my plan for train up for the marathon. I know most people think you have to log tons of miles to train for a marathon, but I have a different idea in mind. As most of you know, I really enjoy CrossFit for my workouts. Rusty and I bought a lot of stuff for our garage last Christmas so we have stuff here to facilitate CF workouts at home. Super nice now that I'm not working because we can save money on gym memberships. Well, CF also has a sister site, CrossFit Endurance. This is the training method I will be using to prep myself for this 26.2 mile race in April. If you are interested in the concepts behind CFE, check out their FAQ section on their website. Essentially it has you doing CrossFit 4-6 times per week, supplementing with Endurance workouts 2-3 times per week (2 interval workouts and one time trail workout). The workouts are also geared toward the race time that you specifically are training for. This is great especially for my situation with a baby and a husband who is gone a lot. Less hours training means more time with Eli, right? So, my goal is to map out my plan at the beginning of each week. I will post my weekly plan here, mainly because if its out there I will be more apt to stick to it, right? So, please, ask me how I'm doing because that will definitely motivate me to make sure I stay on track! This week's plan:

Sun: CF WOD (Workout of the Day), yoga
Mon: CF WOD
Tues: CF WOD, interval run
Wed: Pilates or Yoga
Thurs: CF WOD, interval run
Fri: CF WOD
Sat: Time Trial or Tempo Run

I considered getting more detailed or just posting links to the actual daily workouts I will be doing, so let me know if you would be remotely interested in seeing my workouts broken down further.

Peace Out

1 comment:

  1. Good job girl. I'm amazed at how hard you workout! Where is the marathon going to be? I would love to be there to cheer you on if it's here!

    ReplyDelete