Friday, January 28, 2011

The Whole30, Day 10!


So, here I am, day 10 of the Whole30 Challenge! Still going great and I am actually surprised that I haven't caved yet. Although I almost did when I saw this amazing picture and recipe of these scrumptous looking cupcakes that my friend Heather baked. Good thing she lives like, 8 hours from me or else I would've driven over to her house and demanded some. So, tonight I tried something WAY easy, and I was a little leary because I've never really liked cooked cabbage. Or so I thought. This is a recipe I got from the Primal Blueprint Cookbook, which I am loving by the way. This is a super simple easy recipe that can be ready in under a hour with almost no prep time. The amazing thing was I loved it and so did Eli!



The recipe in the cookboook called for smoked kielbasa sausage, but we have about 20 packs of venison summer sausage in the freezer, so I used that instead. One head of cabbage, chopped (or a bag of the preshredded, which is what I used), a couple of tablespoons of water or chicken broth, and a couple of tablespoons of the fat of your choice (ghee, lard, EVOO). I coated a 9x13 dish with EVOO, spead the cabbage out, placed my sliced sausage on top, added two tablespoons of water and then dotted the top with a little more EVOO. Cover with a lid or foil and cook for 40 minutes, removing the lid for the last 10 minutes so it can brown. Yummers!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Gross! haha that sounds terrible! Except for the venison. I love some venison! But I'm glad you liked it :) and Eli!! that's the best when they will actually eat something new :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Thanks for the shout out, however I'm sorry it was at the risk of you almost breaking down. Don't do it! I love that by making those cupcakes, I was still in keeping with my dessert resolution (made from scratch). I have to admit...there's been more baking going on at our house, but at least MOST of the time I try to sneak in veggie purees. So glad you're still going strong. You'll have to do a post where you tell us everything you eat in a day. I still don't know how you're doing without grain or beans!

    ReplyDelete