Saturday, January 29, 2011

The Whole30, Day 11: What Do You Eat All Day?

Some folks have been asking me what do I eat all day if I'm not eating dairy, wheat, sugar, beans, peanut butter, processed foods. So, here is an example of my day today.

Breakfast
Approx 4 eggs (scrambled up 6 to split with two toddlers, so 4 is a guess)
Fresh fruit medley of bananas, kiwi and pineapple
Coffee (black)
Multi-vitamin & 3 Fish Oils

Mid-Morning
Celery sticks with raw almond butter (I ended up just eating almond butter out of the jar because I really hate raw celery)
Banana

Lunch
Venison Chili, a great recipe from The Primal Blueprint Cookbook

Mid-Afternoon
Cold sweet potato with pecan halves (this is my go to snack, esp when I'm having a sweet tooth)

Dinner
Paleo Stew. This was a recipe that I adapted from another awesome recipe in The Primal Blueprint Cookbook. This is a great recipe if you want to use up any random veggies in your fridge before they go bad and any leftover meat. This was perfect for me as the meatloaf I made a few nights ago turned out kind of dry and I wasn't very stoked to eat the leftovers. So I chopped up my leftover meatloaf, added it to a quart of all natural chicken broth and let it simmer for an hour. Then I added whatever left over veggies I had to the mix (celery, brussel sprouts, onions, cauliflower and cabbage). I also chopped up some bok choy and added that as well. I let that simmer for about 20 minutes. Then added my leftover venison summer sausage as well as some basil, salt and pepper and let it simmer for another 10 minutes. It was LEGENDARY. Super good.

Evening Snack 
Almonds and a cup of hot chamomile tea

So, there you have it. A culinary day in the life of me.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this, Heather! I've been wondering myself...I think you should do a post with all your resources, or at least a collective listing of where you get all your recipes. Although you always mention them, would be cool to see a collective list of your favorite places. Tim really wants to do this...we are talking about doing it in May, after the 1/2 marathon.

    Proud of you! Keep it up!

    Oh also...any bad side effects like headaches/fatigue?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea about the resources. I will prob do that once I'm done so I have a good collection to refer folks to. This far I haven't really had any bad side effects, but I was already eating "Paleo-ish" just not 100%. I have noticed that I am not having my afternoon energy crashes like I had been previously. I am anxious to see how it will improve my workout performance once I get my cast off my foot. I was able to knock out some dead hang pullups for the first time which was a great accomplishment for me!

    ReplyDelete