Tuesday, February 1, 2011

The Book That Should Change Your Life

So, many of you have probably heard me talk about this book already, and that's okay. I think it is so powerful that I can't imagine NOT blogging about it. The book is called Crazy Love by Francis Chan. In my words, here's the basics of the book. Francis Chan really gets you thinking. About lots of things, but the following in particular.

1) The magnitude and greatness of God.
2) Despite His Greatness, the love and care God has for EACH and EVERY ONE OF US.
3) Our response to this, which for most people, even "Christians" is lame.

I have been brought up in church my whole life and had never meditated on or grasped the concepts of some of the issues he brings up in this book. God does an amazing job speaking through Francis Chan in this book. This book should cause you to evaluate yourself and to ask yourself some really hard questions. Am I in love with God? Am I a lukewarm Christian? Am I placing too much importance on physical things and things on this earth that won't matter when I'm long gone. Do I care too much about what others think of me to live a life that screams "I am a God follower!"?

Aside from the Bible, I have never read a book that moved me like this one. Rusty and I both feel this way and feel like we have reached a new level in our spiritual lives from some of the truths we came to grips with about ourselves after reading this. There were times when we were both moved to tears during our study of this book. I can't say enough about how it has changed the way I think and hopefully the way I live and love.

I hope and pray you will check it out too. You can read more about it and check out some great videos at the website for the book, www.crazylovebook.com. Or just order it at Amazon (link below) or pick it up at any local bookstore.

No comments:

Post a Comment